We are hiring: Project Officer for the European Solidarity Corps Resource Centre
Project Officer for the European Solidarity Corps Resource Centre
For the establishment of the European Solidarity Corps Resource Centre, the National Agency is looking for a programme officer for 40 hours / week. The European Solidarity Corps is a new European Union Initiative that aims at fostering solidarity in European society, engaging young people and organisations in accessible and high-quality solidarity activities. It offers young people opportunities to show solidarity and help resolve challenging situations across Europe through volunteering activities, traineeships or jobs as well as solidarity projects based on young people’s own initiative.
Since November 2018, IZ –National Agency for Erasmus + Youth in Action and the European Solidarity Corps has been entrusted with setting up and supervising the European Solidarity Corps Resource Centre.
The Solidarity Corps Resource Centre provides assistance in the implementation of the new programme to the European Commission, the network of NAs and SALTO Resource Centres, to stakeholders, organisations and participants. The Resource Centre aims to raise the quality of the implementation of the European Solidarity Corps and focusses on the following main fields: Being a central point of information, providing training and support measures, developing materials and tools, ensuring accessibility of the Solidarity Corps (especially for disadvantaged groups), ensuring visibility, outreach and monitoring of the programme as well as supporting policy processes.
For the establishment of the European Solidarity Corps Resource Centre, the National Agency is looking for a project officer for 40 hours / week.
Summary of key functions
- Close cooperation and exchange with the Network of National Agencies (Erasmus + Youth in Action & the European Solidarity Corps), SALTOs (Erasmus + Resource Centers) and the European Commission (DG EAC – Directorate B – Youth, Education and Erasmus +)
- Researching key topics in the programme as well as preparation of supporting materials for the implementation of the Solidarity Corps in the participating countries.
- Identifying relevant stakeholders on European level
- Planning and implementing of pan-European information and networking activities
- Organising Europe-wide events to increase the visibility of the European Solidarity Corps and to enhance exchange of information between relevant stakeholders
- Coordinating Europe-wide training offers
- Developing training materials and support for the network of National Agencies
We are looking for:
- Several years of experience in project management at European level
- Solid knowledge of and experience with Erasmus+ Youth in Action and the European Solidarity Corps
- Awareness of and project experience in the field of solidarity, diversity or active citizenship
- Knowledge of European youth policy processes
- Experience with international training activities is an advantage
- Experience in event organization at European level is an advantage
- Active communication and networking abilities
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English (level C1), basic knowledge of German is an advantage
- Willingness to travel
- Flexibility, capacity to work independently as well as in a team
- Very good PC skills
- Affinity and identification with the values of the European Union
- A full-time position that follows the work agreement of the IZ.
- Remuneration according to the salary scheme of the IZ (minimum salary € 2230,54 gross for 40 working hours/week plus credit for years of service)
- Flexible working hours that supports individual responsibility for the tasks that will be shaped by personal commitment and creativity
- Teamwork and open working environment
- Office is located in Dresdner Strasse 82/12, 1200 Vienna, also regular missions abroad.
- Due to the duration of the European Solidarity Corps programme, the contract will initially be limited until 31.12.2020. Possibility of prolongation of the contract
- Work in a European context and an interesting international environment
Please use the Europass CV (https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/de/documents/curriculum-vitae) for your application. In your motivation letter please focus in particular on your ideas for potential strategic measures for the first phase of establishing the European Solidarity Corps Resource Centre as well as your vision of how a common narrative of European Values like solidarity, diversity and active citizenship can be established.
Send your application via e-mail using the subject „Application European Solidarity Corps Resource Centre“ to firstname.lastname@example.org until 10th of December 2018.
The hearings will take place on 14, 17 and 18 December in Vienna, online hearings will be possible.
Beginning of employment: as soon as possible, starting February 2019
For more than 30 years the IZ- Verein zur Förderung von Vielfalt, Dialog und Bildung has been committed to bringing people from different cultural backgrounds together and support their exchange. We foster the cross-border cooperation of schools, international youth work as well as intercultural education and diversity management in Austria. Further information: www.iz.or.at.
IZ promotes a diverse working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to religion, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.